Korean J Gastrointest Endosc > Volume 35(6); 2007 > Article
Korean Journal of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 2007;35(6): 385-390.
급성 담석성 췌장염의 중증도에 영향을 주는 위험인자 분석
오효정ㆍ김태현ㆍ최창수ㆍ권지혜ㆍ임평숙ㆍ신새론*ㆍ최석채ㆍ나용호
원광대학교 의과대학 내과학교실, *가정의학교실
Analysis of Risk Factors Associated with the Severity of Biliary Pancreatitis
Hyo Jeong Oh, M.D., Tae Hyeon Kim, M.D., Chang Soo Choi, M.D., Ji Hye Kweon, M.D., Pyoung Suk Lim, M.D., Sae Ron Shin, M.D.*, Suck Chei Choi, M.D. and Yong-Ho Nah, M.D.
Departments of Internal Medicine and *Family Medicine, Wonkwang University College of Medicine, Iksan, Korea
Abstract

Background/Aims:
The aim of the study was to investigate the risk factors for biliary pancreatitis according to severity.
Methods:
This study retrospectively reviewed 58 patients who underwent endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography for the management of acute biliary pancreatitis between November 2001 and June 2004. The severity of pancreatitis was classified as severe or mild pancreatitis according to the Glasgow scale. Multiple clinical and radiological factors were analyzed for a relationship with the severity of pancreatitis and coexisting biliary pathology.
Results:
Ten patients (17%) had severe pancreatitis (the SP group) and the remaining 48 patients (83%) had mild pancreatitis (the MP group). The diameter of the common bile duct CBD) and cystic duct, and the number and the size of gallstones were not significantly different between the two groups of patients. The number of patients without a periampullary diverticulum in the SP group (90.0%) was significantly higher than in the MP group (39.6%). Most of the SP patients (90.0%) had CBD stones (<5 mm) or CBD sludge, but the prevalence of CBD stones (<5 mm) or CBD sludge was lower in the MP group (54.2%, p=0.04). The absence of a periampullary diverticulum was identified as a risk factor according to severity by the use of logistic regression analysis (odds ratio=25; p=0.01).
Conclusions:
The development of severe biliary pancreatitis was influenced by risk factors such as a CBD stone less than 5 mm or sludge and the absence of a periampullary diverticulum. (Korean J Gastrointest Endosc 2007;35:385-390)
Key Words: Biliary pancreatitis, Severity, Periampullary diverticulum
주요어: 담석성 췌장염, 중증도, 팽대부 주위 게실
TOOLS
PDF Links  PDF Links
Full text via DOI  Full text via DOI
Download Citation  Download Citation
CrossRef TDM  CrossRef TDM
  E-Mail
Share:      
METRICS
1,007
View
3
Download
Related articles
Strategies to Overcome Risks Associated with Endoscopic Biliary Stenting  2019 November;52(6)
A Case of Ampullary Adenomyoma Associated with Dilatations of Pancreatic and Biliary Ducts  2010 June;40(6)
A Case of Duodenal Intramural Hematoma Complicated with Chronic Pancreatitis  2008 September;37(3)
Two Cases of Pneumatosis Coli Associated with Ischemic Colitis  2008 September;37(3)
A Case of Liver Abscess Associated with Duodenal Perforation by a Toothpick  2008 June;36(6)
Editorial Office
Korean Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
#817, 156 Yanghwa-ro(LG Palace, Donggyo-dong), Mapo-gu, Seoul, 04050, Korea
TEL: +82-2-335-1552   FAX: +82-2-335-2690    E-mail: ce@kams.or.kr
Copyright © Korean Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. All rights reserved.                 Developed in M2PI
Close layer